Last Updated: 16/11/10
If you have decided to fundraise for PC David Rathband's Blue Lamp Foundation but have no idea where to start, why not take at look at the points below which we think may help you.
- At the start of your planning, come up with a budget which includes all
hidden costs. Remember to come up with an idea of how much you expect to raise.
- Think about what will make your event a success.
- Is the venue a suitable size and does it have the correct facilities?
- You can reduce your costs by getting the venue donated to you.
- Will you need additional volunteers and staffing for your event?
- Think about the date of the event, is it suitable for everyone?
- Make sure you leave plenty of time to get the event organised properly!
- Check out the dates of potential competition events to avoid clashes.
- Will the weather affect your event?
- Are there extra resources or emergency cash available on the day?
- Don’t be afraid to cancel an event if it needs to be done, you can
- Take note of what the law says about your type of fundraising
- Get your event publicised in plenty of time.
- Run through every aspect of the event a few nights before, and again on the
night before so you can be certain you have everything that you need.
It's a nightmare trying to get extra things at short notice!
- Make sure that all money is counted and looked after by at least 2 people.
Remember to take a camera with you! You can send your pictures to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have taken pictures we may be able to include them on our website.